Sunday, January 22, 2012

Well...

...so much for all of us getting blogs and updating them all the time, eh friends? :) haha

Life is moving along quite nicely. I had a great break at home for Christmas with my family and friends. I love being able to go home and catch up with them without missing a beat, no matter how long it has been since we have last seen/talked. It's a good feeling. I also turned 25 a few weeks ago. 25. What a weird feeling. When I was little I thought 25 was ancient. I thought I would have "done" so many more things by now. But, looking back over the past few years, I'm really proud of what I have accomplished. I'm ready for more though. :)

One of my New Year's resolutions is the infamous "lose weight". I lost about 25 lbs last year simply by walking twice a day and watching what I ate. Then when school started back up this fall, I kind of got lazy, made excuses, etc. and fell off the wagon a bit. However, since the new year began, I have started up a kind of crazy diet with friends from school, and am doing Zumba and Cardio Kickboxing at the Y with friends 4 nights a week, which I'm LOVING! I feel so good and energized when we are finished, and I look forward to the next night's workout! I am already seeing a huge difference, and I feel great! :) It's also a lot more fun, and helpful, to be doing these things with friends/a support system. I'm very thankful!

My other resolutions this year are to say "no" more often, take a few risks, and just let myself have some fun! A week ago, 3 friends and I booked a spring break trip to Ft. Lauderdale kind of randomly, and I could not be more excited! I've never really done "spring break", other than choir trips in high school and a mission trip in college, so I'm really looking forward to this. Plus it's more motivation to keep up the workouts! ;) I cannot wait to spend the week in warm, sunny Florida relaxing on the beach!!!! I'm also going to go on a mission trip this summer with the youth from our church to Colorado, which I am also very excited about. It will be a great experience.

This past week 4 friends and I went to the Rascal Flatts/Sara Evans/Hunter Hayes concert in Columbia. It was a BLAST! We had a great time; what a phenomenal concert!!

So there's my little life update. Other than working on myself, I'm working at school, Truman, and church still, along with babysitting, hanging out with friends, making plans to see other friends, and playing with my dog :) Life is pretty great. I'm a lucky girl.

4 comments:

  1. Sara Hines, you are one of the most uplifting people I know. You make my heart happy. I'm soooo glad you're my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your status updates about Zumba or kickboxing. I love how you are always pumped to go. It makes me want to do something active too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an inspiring update! Seriously, I want to be like you. Love you and am so excited about your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell me more! NEW BLOG POST, PLEASE!!!

    ReplyDelete